Facebook Marketplace Icon Missing – An online marketplace is an online platform where vendors/sellers can advertise their products and services and where customers can shop in one place online from a variety of merchants.
Over the years, people have linked, promoted, bought and sold Facebook products and services through Facebook groups, etc.
Recently, however, Facebook decided to simplify the process in one place called the Facebook Marketplace with more features.
The new Facebook Marketplace feature that is becoming popular by the day is integrated into Facebook and provides the opportunity for millions of users to purchase, sell and exchange items and services with other people in their locality.
Interestingly, the facebook marketplace platform helps you to do the following without stress.
> Look for items to buy
> Browse for-sale items by category and/or location
> Create item listings. You can create the images for the item using a camera function within the app, or alternatively, you can add photos from your device’s camera roll. Items are sorted according to location and category.
> Access previous and current transactions and messages under a ‘Your Items’ section
> Set custom bids for items
> Message buyers/sellers to arrange transactions
Interestingly, the Facebook Marketplace helps you to add this awesome Marketplace feature to your Facebook but don’t know how to do it, then relax as this post is for you.
In this blog, I’m going to show you how to access Facebook Marketplace, integrate Facebook Marketplace, and how to sell and buy on Facebook Marketplace.
How to navigate the Facebook Marketplace Icon On Desktop PC
Here are the steps on how to locate facebook marketplace button
- First off, you’ll need to login to Facebook.
- Navigate to the left column of your Facebook news feed and you should see the marketplace. See the screenshot below.
How To Access Facebook Marketplace Icon On Mobile – Facebook App
Just like how to locate the facebook marketplace on desktop computers, the process you need to access same on a mobile device is very simple.
Follow our guidelines below:
- Open the Facebook app, on the top center of the page you will find the Facebook Marketplace icon
- Tap on that icon to take you to the Marketplace. If you are accessing it for the first time, you will find the screen below
Those are the steps on how to access facebook marketplace icon on both desktops and mobile devices.
Well, I have received lots of complains from facebook users that they can’t access the facebook marketplace on their news feed.
If you’re in such categories, let’s show the things you can do to figure out if you can access the facebook marketplace.
Interestingly, the facebook marketplace has a special link with which facebook users can use to access the platform directly without using the facebook newsfeed.
However, before we shall proceed to that, let’s consider the things that could hinder you from accessing the facebook free marketplace buy and sell feature.
- Your age. If you want to use the facebook marketplace to sell your online business, facebook requires that you should be up to18years of age.
- Your location. Well, there are locations that can’t access the facebook marketplace at the moment. So if you’re in those locations, there is no way marketplace on facebook will be available to you.
- Your Facebook account. The age of your facebook account is a vital criterion for accessing the facebook marketplace. New facebook account can’t access the facebook marketplace. So if you just sign an account on facebook and want to use the free marketplace feature to advance your business, you’ll need to wait for some to=ime.
- Your Facebook app. Here, it is expected that your facebook app should be updated to the latest version. The reason is that the facebook marketplace is not available on the old version of the facebook app and as such facebook users who are still using the old apps can’t see the marketplace icon on their newsfeed.
- Your Language. There are languages that can’t access the facebook marketplace. So you need to figure out if the language you’re using can access the marketing platform. If not, change it to those ones that could access the facebook marketplace.
Having outlined that, let’s consider the other means with which we can easily access the facebook marketplace so we can use it to buy and sell things.
Other Ways to Access Facebook Marketplace
Like we earlier stated, if you can’t access the facebook marketplace via your facebook timeline, there are other ways with which you can attempt to find the facebook feature.
- Enter the facebook marketplace official link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace in your browser and then click on the search button to continue.
Note that if you’re eligible to access the free facebook marketplace buy and sell local, you’ll be taken to the marketplace.
If however, your account is yet to be eligible to access the marketplace on Facebook, you’ll be notified that you can’t access the platform at the moment.
You can always check back.
If you can’t find the marketplace, do the following:
If you’re using desktop computer, enter https://www.facebook.com in your browser and login your account.
Logout your account and then re-login. This way will help check the error and you might be lucky to regain access to your facebook marketplace.
If you’re using the facebook app to access the marketplace feature, uninstall the app and then install it again.
Those are the things you can do to regain access to your facebook marketplace.
Note: If you have a facebook marketplace already but traveled to a region where the marketplace is not available, you will lose access to the marketplace feature.
In such a case, to back your access to the marketplace, you’ll need to travel back to the region where it is available.
That is it on how to facebook marketplace icon is missing.
Do you have any questions or contributions to make on facebook marketplace icon is missing?
Use the comment box below and please don’t hesitate to also share this article with your friends and loved ones. Thanks and do have a nice time using your marketplace on facebook.