Welcome to Guruslink.xyz, your best online tutorial post. In this article, you’ll be exposed to the basic steps you need to follow to delete your Instagram account.
In fact, this Guruslink article is all about Instagram account and how to delete Instagram account 2019, how to delete Instagram account on iPhone, how to delete Instagram account on android, delete Instagram account link, delete your account, how to delete Instagram account computer, Instagram deleted my account, and how to reactivate Instagram account.
So if you’re tired of using your Instagram account and want to take a break from the platform, this post is here to help.
Interestingly, during the course of this article, you’ll be abreast of the process of deleting Instagram account temporarily and permanently depending on what you want and this article will show you how to do both.
The procedure outlined in this post on how to delete your Instagram account permanently or temporarily is very simple and easy. Just follow them accordingly and I bet you get it done without stress.
However, if you have any questions or contributions to make to this article, feel free to use the comment section of this webpage to air your view and we’ll be glad you did.
Well, before we shall proceed to the process involved in how to delete Instagram account, let’s first off, consider what Instagram is all about.
Instagram: What Is It All About
Instagram is one of the world’s largest and most popular social networks. But not everybody loves it so much.
According to Wikipedia, Instagram is a photo and video-sharing social networking service owned by Facebook, Inc. It was created by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger and launched in October 2010 exclusively on iOS.
A report has it that as of January 14, 2019, the most-liked photo on Instagram is a picture of an egg, posted by the account @world_record_egg, created with the sole purpose of surpassing the previous record of 18 million likes on a Kylie Jenner post. The picture currently has over 53 million likes.
Related searches on Instagram: instagram web, instagram facebook, instagram app, instagram search, instagram login with fb, instagram profile, instagram search account, instagram for pc, instagram web, instagram facebook, instagram app, instagram search, instagram login with fb, instagram profile, instagram search account, instagram for pc
A lot of Instagram users have had great funs using the platform to share their lives experiences and connecting with friends and loved ones.
However, as good as Instagram might be for people to connect with friends and share what’s going on in their lives, it’s also a place where negative comments run amok.
And for those trying to get away from social media abuse — or from the corporate parent of Instagram, Facebook — it might seem like a good idea to delete the platform.
This post is all about how to get rid of the Instagram account.
Well, it is important to note here that should you want to delete your Instagram account permanently and you have some memory or data that are so dear to you on the social media platform, you may need to download your data from Instagram before you proceed with the account deletion process.
If that is the case, here is how to download your Instagram account data step by step.
How To Download a Copy of Your Data on Instagram
Instagram has a figure that lets you request a copy of your data from the giant social media platform.
According to the Instagram help center, if you want a copy of everything you’ve shared on Instagram, you can request a download of your data in a machine-readable (JSON) format.
Bear in mind that as an Instagram user, you’ll need your Instagram account password to request this information.
If you know your Instagram password, process with the steps below to download your Instagram data without stress:
How to Download Your Instagram Data Via iOS Or Android
For those using Android devices, here is how to download your information from Instagram fast:
- First off, login your Instagram account by tapping on the app in your device and enter your login details to continue
- Next, navigate to your profile and tap on the three-parallel-stacked icon or your menu button.
- Now, locate and tap the Settings option.
- Again, select Security and then tap Download Data.
- Type in the email address where you’d like to receive a link to your data and tap Request Download.
- To continue, type your Instagram account password in the space provided.
- Finally, you’ll soon receive an email titled Your Instagram Data with a link to your data. Now, click Download Data and follow the instructions to finish downloading your information
How To Download a Copy Of Your Data from Instagram Using Destop Computer
To download a copy of Instagram data from the web, follow this guide:
- Instagram login your account from instagram.com
- Next, click on your profile name, then locate and click the gear-liked button at the top right corner of the Instagram page.
- On performing step two above, a menu will appear with lots of options. Hover your mouse to the Privacy and Security option and click on it.
- Again, scroll down the page that appears and you should see an option that says Data Download. Check under that option and you should see a Request Download. Click on it.
- If there is now email linked to your Instagram account, you will need to enter the email address where you’d like to receive a link to your data and then enter your Instagram account password.
- You’ll soon receive an email titled Your Instagram Data with a link to your data. Click Download Data and follow the instructions to finish downloading your information
Bear in mind that, Instagram will email you a link to a file with your photos, comments, profile information and more and can only work on one request from your Instagram account at a time.
Another thing that is worthy of note here is that it may take up to 48 hours to collect your Instagram data and send it to you.
Also, note that some of your Instagram data you have deleted may be stored temporarily for safety and security purposes, but will not appear when you access or download your data.
That is how to download a copy of your Instagram data. Try out the steps and you download your information from Instagram fast and easy.
Now, let’s now see how to delete Instagram account temporarily.
Deleting your Instagram account temporarily(Instagram account deactivation) gives you an option to reactivate your account whenever you want.
The process involved in deactivating Instagram account temporarily is very simple and easy.
Fortunately, we’ve taken the time to outline the procedure involved in getting your Instagram account deactivated in clear terms such that even the non-tech-savvy guys would be able to undertake it without any stress.
So if you are tired of using your Instagram account and want to take a break from the platform for some time, you can follow the steps below to deactivate it.
How To Deactivate Instagram Account
If you temporarily deactivate your account, your profile, photos, comments, and likes will be hidden until you log in to reactivate it. To deactivate your account temporarily:
- Log into instagram.com from a mobile browser or computer. You can’t temporarily disable your account from within the Instagram app.
- Next, navigate to the top right corner of your Instagram page and tap or click on the image icon
- Now, locate and select Edit Profile.
- Again, scroll down the page, then tap or click Temporarily disable my account in the bottom right.
- Select an option from the drop-down menu next to Why are you disabling your account? and re-enter your Instagram password. Bear in mind that the option to disable your account will only appear after you’ve selected a reason from the menu.
- Finally, tap or click Temporarily Disable Account and you’re done.
That is how to deactivate your Instagram account. Note that to reactivate your disabled Instagram account, all you need to do is to login your account again with your login details.
However, if you don’t want to come back on Instagram, you can delete your account permanently. See how to delete Instagram account permanently below.
How to Permanently Delete your Instagram account
Note that unlike deactivating your Instagram account where you just need to login to reactivate your disabled account, deleting Instagram account permanently does not give you any room or opportunity to reactivate your account.
Note: After you might have deleted your Instagram account permanently, you can create another one with the same name. To sign up for a fresh account on Instagram, you’ll need to use another name.
This option lets you leave the platform forever except you signup an account.
If you want to delete your Instagram account forever, do the following:
- From Instagram.com, login your account
- Now, navigate to the Delete Your Account page via this link. Bear in mind that if you’re not yet logged into your Instagram account on the web, you’ll be asked to log in first.
- Next, you’ll need to choose an option from the drop-down menu next to Why are you deleting your account?
- After selecting the option, re-enter your Instagram account password in the space provided.
- Finally, click or tap Permanently delete my account. And you’re done.
That is how to delete Instagram account permanently.
Before you can delete your Instagram account permanently, you’ll need to note that:
- You can’t delete your account from within the Instagram app.
- The option to permanently delete your account will only appear after you’ve selected a reason from the menu.
- You must re-enter your account password in the space provided after choosing the reason you want to delete your account
That is it with how to delete your Instagram account.
I hope this article was helpful.
Please use the comment section below if you have any questions or contributions to make.
Thanks for reading our guide on how to deactivate and delete your Instagram account.