In today’s post, I’m going to show you exactly how to delete facebook messenger conversations step by step.
This post will take you through the complete procedure for clearing your Facebook messenger messages.
It will also proffer an answer to this question: How do you permanently delete old Facebook Messenger conversations?
Let’s get started…
Facebook messenger has over time become one of the most popular messaging apps worldwide.
And at the moment, the platform is gradually evolving into another business hub where people come together to buy and sell what they have.
Well, that is not what we’re going to be considering in this post.
It is definitely a post for another day.
This post is all about how to delete messages on messenger on computer and on mobile devices.
It is interesting to note that people from all over the world use Messenger for messaging/chatting and connecting with friends and loved ones daily.
For some reason, Facebook messenger users do wish to delete messages they have sent and would not want to keep in their chat history on facebook messenger.
Interestingly, you can choose to delete a specific message or entire facebook messenger message.
However, bear in mind that once you delete your copy of this conversation on messenger, this action can’t be reversed.
Well, it is important to note here that unlike other messaging apps that let you delete messages end-to-end, deleting messages on facebook or messenger, won’t delete it from the second party that received the message.
In other words, if you sent an awkward message to a friend and deleted it from your chat history, your friend will still have a copy.
The best option is never to say anything through a message or anywhere online that you wouldn’t want as part of the permanent record.
Searches related to How do you delete conversations on Messenger? how to delete all conversation in messenger, how to delete messages on messenger on computer, how to delete messages on messenger from both sides, how do I delete a message I sent on messenger?, how do I delete a whole conversation on messenger, can you delete a message on messenger before they see it? remove for everyone messenger, how to delete all facebook messages at once on android
Without much ados, let dive into the steps involved in deleting messages on facebook messenger.
NOTE: If you don’t want to get rid of your Facebook messenger messages permanently, you can choose to archive messenger messages rather than deleting them. We’ll consider how to archived messages on messenger in our subsequent post. So always check back for fresh updates.
How to Access Facebook Messenger
Facebook messenger can be accessed in two ways. You can open your facebook profile, navigate to the left column of your facebook profile and tap on the messenger icon.
Or you can use the messenger app on your devices to access your messenger.
Whichever way you wish to access your facebook messenger, we’ll show you how to clear chat history step by step.
How To Delete Facebook Messages Without Leaving a Trace
To permanently delete your entire facebook conversations, do the following;
1. Go to the top right corner of your Facebook page and click on the messages icon
2. Next, select the profile of the person you wish to delete the conversation from to open a chatbox
3. Now, click on the gear-like icon at the top right corner of the chatbox and a dropdown menu will appear
4. Scroll down the menu and you’ll see the delete conversion option. Click on it and popup will come up
5. Click on the delete conversation
That is how to delete all facebook messages at once on the computer.
How to delete individual messages on facebook chat history
To delete a specific message on facebook, do the following:
- Login Facebook
- Tap on the messages button at the top of your facebook page
- Tap on the profile of the person you wish to delete the conversation
- Open the chatbox, hover your mouse on the message you want to delete and tap on the (…) icon
- Now, click on the remove option
- You may need to confirm the deletion action.
How To Permanently Delete Messenger Chat History
The procedure involved in deleting messenger messages is very simple and easy.
Do the following to get that done:
- Open your facebook profile
- Go to the left column of your facebook profile and tap on the messenger icon
3. Next, Tap on the profile of the person you wish to delete the conversation
4. Hover your mouse over the chat you want to delete and tap on (…) icon. Next, tap on the remove button
5. Tap on the remove button from the popup. See the screenshot below.
Once you click on the remove button, the conversation will be deleted immediately.
Facebook Messenger only allows you to delete conversations one after the other.
There is no feature that lets you delete all conversations at once at the moment.
How To Use the Messenger App to Permanently Delete messages
To delete your messenger conversations using your mobile devices, follow this first set of instructions to delete an entire message in Facebook Messenger:
- First off, you’ll need to access and open the Messenger app on your mobile device.
- Next, go to the conversation you wish to delete, tap and hold on it
- Select Delete from the pop-up menu.
- Finally, you’ll need to confirm the deletion action by tapping on the Delete Conversation option.
That is it with how to delete messenger conversations on mobile devices.
BONUS: Let’s cover the few guides you need to also delete a photo on facebook messenger.
How To Delete Facebook Messenger Photos On Computer
Just like how to delete conversations on facebook messenger, the process involved in deleting a photo on messenger is very simple and easy. See the steps you need below:
- Open your facebook profile
- Tap on the messenger icon at the left column
- Go to the profile you want to delete the photo
- Hover your mouse on the image and tap on (…) icon
- Tap remove
- Tap remove again from the popup menu
How To Delete Facebook Messenger Photos On Mobile App
To delete photos on messenger app via your mobile devices, do the following:
- Open the messenger app on your device
- From chat, open the conversation
- Tap and hold the message or photo you’d like to delete.
- Tap Remove, and then tap Remove for You.
- Tap Remove.
That is it with How do you delete conversations on Facebook Messenger?
I hope this post was helpful.
If you have a question regarding how to delete messenger messages, use the comment section below and we’ll be glad you did.