How to create a facebook account – In today’s post, I’m going to show you how to make a second facebook account step by step.
This article will show you the techniques I used to show one of my clients how to create a business account on facebook without stress.
And fortunately, we’ll also attempt to provide answers to the following questions:
How do I find and add friends on Facebook?
How do I temporarily deactivate my Facebook account?
I didn’t receive the code to confirm my mobile phone number.
I can’t find my Facebook signup confirmation email.
If you’re a businessman or woman, you can’t ignore Facebook. Facebook is the largest social networking website with over 3.5 billion active monthly users.
Interestingly, creating a business account on facebook will do you a lot of good as this giant social media platform will help you connect with your customers directly.
And will help promote your business free of charge and reach a large audience that cares for it,
On the other hand, creating a personal Facebook account will help you to connect with your old school friends, brand new friends, and loved ones.
Unarguably, the Facebook account helps most people to connect with friends and family, share photos and post updates about daily happenings.
For those of us that want to know, let’s stress here that Facebook sets no limit to the number of accounts a person can have.
Some Facebook users opt to have separate accounts for personal interests, friends, family, and coworkers.
Fortunately, owing to the fact that a Facebook account is tied to a unique email address, anyone can create/signup a second account as long as a unique email address is provided.
However, you need to bear in mind that accounts are completely separate and do not share friends, photos or applications.
This post is all about how to create facebook account.
Creating Your Account On FB
The process involved in creating a facebook account is very simple and easy. To create a facebook account, you’ll need the following:
- Your first and last name
- Your cellphone number or a functional email address.
- You’ll choose a password that no one will be able to guess
- Lastly, you’ll need your date of birth and gender
Bear in mind that the email you’ll use in creating your facebook account must be a functional one.
This is because Facebook will send a confirmation link that you’ll use to confirm that you’re not a robot. So make sure you have access to the email.
If you have all of those requirements handy, follow the below guide to figure out how to create a second facebook account:
- Open your web browser and type https://www.facebook.com and click on the enter button to continue to the facebook home page
- Scroll to the facebook account signup section and fill the form accordingly. You can do that by entering your first name, last name, email address or mobile phone number, password, date of birth and gender. Make sure you use your real name so that your friends and loved ones can easily identify you. However, the use of nicknames is also allowed but it must be accepted on the platform.
- Now, click on the Sign Up button at the bottom of the box to create your account on the giant social media platform
- Go to your email, locate and click on the confirmation link sent to you by Facebook to continue to your profile
- If you use your cellphone number to signup the account, rather than your email, you’ll receive a confirmation code via SMS. Enter the code in the space provided to continue to your profile on facebook.
Boom! Your account is now live on the giant social media platform. It is now time to configure your account.
Note that you must be 13years of age before you can signup an account on Facebook.
The above steps teach you how to create a facebook account using your desktop computer.
Let’s now consider the steps involved in creating a facebook account using your mobile app.
How To Create Facebook Account On Mobile App
The process involved in how to create a business account on facebook via a mobile app is very simple and easy. Here is how to:
- Open your mobile phone and tap play store
- Type facebook app in the search section of the page, tap download and install it
- Next, tap to open the facebook app
- Now, tap create new facebook account and then tap next
- Select your date of birth and tap Next.
- Select your gender and tap Next.
- Enter your mobile phone number and tap Next. Bear in mind that you can choose to use your email address in place of your cellphone number. To do that, tap Sign Up with Email Address.
- Next, create a password and tap Next and then tap Sign Up.
- To complete the account creation process, you’ll need to confirm your email or mobile phone number.
- Proceed to your email and tap on the confirmation link sent to you by facebook and you’ll be taken to your account
- Or use the confirmation code sent to your mobile phone to continue to your account
That is how to create a facebook account using your smartphone. It is that simple. Try it out and you’ll be able to create a facebook account for yourself and even for a friend if you need to do so.
Why Can’t I Find the Confirmation Link In My Email?
When you click on the signup button, facebook immediately sent a confirmation link to your email address. If however, you can’t locate the link, you’ll need to do the following:
- Go to your email and check your junk mail folder. You may need to check your social emails if you’re using Gmail.
- Another thing is to ensure that you used the correct email. If you, however, entered the wrong email, you can change it and send the email again.
- Lastly, you can try creating your Facebook account with a mobile phone number instead of an email.
How To Change Your Email Address
If you discovered that you used the wrong email address while signing up a facebook account, follow the below steps to change it:
- Type facebook.com/confirmemail.php and click Update Contact Info.
- Next, enter an email or mobile number, you have access to and click Add. Once you confirm the new email, facebook will immediately replace the incorrect email that you created the account with the correct one.
If you’re using the facebook app, tap to open the FB app and then tap Change Email Address. Lastly, enter your correct email address and tap Continue.
Why Don’t I Receive Facebook Confirmation Code On My Mobile Phone?
If you didn’t receive the facebook confirmation code on your phone, do the following:
> Check To See If the Cellphone number You Entered Is Correct. You can do that by:
- Type this link: https://web.facebook.com/confirmemail.php in your browser and click on the enter button.
- If you entered an incorrect number, click Wrong Number
- Type the correct number and click Add
> Get a phone call from facebook
To get a phone call from facebook for your confirmation code, do the following:
- Type this link: https://web.facebook.com/confirmemail.php in your browser and click on the enter button to continue
- Next, locate and click Did you not get the SMS?
- Lastly, click Call [mobile number].
> Prompt Facebook To Re-Send The SMS
To request facebook to resend the confirmation code, do the following:
- Type this link: https://web.facebook.com/confirmemail.php in your browser and click on the enter button
- Click Did you not get the SMS?
- Click Send SMS Again.
For Facebook App users, here are things you can do if you can’t receive your facebook confirmation code.
i. Do A Check To Figure Out If The Phone You Have Entered Is Correct
> Tap on this link: https://web.facebook.com/confirmemail.php to view the mobile number you entered.
> If you entered the wrong number, scroll down and tap Add another number.
> Finally, enter the correct number and tap Add.
ii. Request Facebook to give you a phone call with the code
> Enter this link: https://web.facebook.com/confirmemail.php on your phone and tap on the search button
> Lastly, tap Call me.
iii. Request Facebook to Re-send the SMS
> Enter this link: https://web.facebook.com/confirmemail.php in your device and tap search
> Tap Send Code Again.
If you’ve carried out the above steps you were able to have access to your Facebook account, congratulations. It is now to=ime to set up your account on the popular social networking website.
How To Add Your Facebook Profile Photo
Your Facebook profile phone identify you on facebook. When people search for you on facebook, it is your profile picture and your name that shows up.
After creating your new facebook account, you’ll need to add a profile picture. Your Facebook profile picture will be public. That is to say that everybody can see it on facebook.
Note that for best quality, your facebook profile picture should be at least 320 pixels wide and 320 pixels tall.
Do the following to figure out how to get that done easily:
- Log into your Facebook account
- Go to the top left corner of any Facebook page and click on your name
- Hover your mouse on the profile picture space and then click Update. Bear in mind that, you can: i. Upload a photo from your computer. ii. Add frame and iii. Select a photo you’ve already uploaded or one you’re tagged in.
- Lastly, you’ll need to crop your photo and click Save. If however, you don’t want to crop your photo, you can select the Skip Cropping option in the bottom left, then click Save.
How To Add Your Facebook Profile Picture On Smartphone
To upload a profile picture on facebook app using your smartphone, do the following:
1. From your News Feed tap your profile picture in the top left.
2. Tap your profile picture.
3. Tap Select Profile Picture.
> Take a new photo.
> Upload a photo from your camera roll.
> Tap and scroll the top bar to select a photo you’ve already uploaded or one you’re tagged in.
4. Tap Save when you’re ready to post your new profile picture. You can also edit your photo before posting.
How To Add Cover Photo On Facebook
Your Facebook cover photo is what people see once they land on your newsfeed. It covers the upper part of your facebook profile and is situated above your profile picture.
Just like your facebook profile photo, your cover photo is also public which implies that everyone that visits your facebook page will see them.
Interestingly, the steps involved in adding facebook cover photo is very simple and easy. See how to below:
- Log into your Facebook account
- Click on your facebook name at the top right side of any Facebook page
- Hover your mouse on the cover picture space and click Add Cover Photo.
- Next, select Upload Photo… to upload a new photo from your computer, Select Photo to pick a photo from one of your Facebook albums, Create a Collage or Select Artwork.
- Once you choose a photo, you can reposition it by clicking the image and dragging it up or down.
- Finally, choose Save Changes and you’re done.
That is how to add cover photo on facebook using your personal computer. Bear in mind that your cover image has to be at least 720 pixels wide.
How To Add Cover Picture OnFacebook App
If you’re using your smartphone to access facebook, you’ll need to follow the below guide to add your facebook cover image.
- Tap on the facebook app in your device
- Tap on your facebook profile picture in the top left of the app.
- Next, tap your cover photo.
- Tap Upload Photo to upload a photo from your device, Choose Photo on Facebook, Create Cover Collage or Select Artwork.
- Tap the photo you’d like to use.
- Drag the photo to adjust.
- Lastly, tap Save in the top right.
Those are the steps you need to follow to add facebook cover photo using your smartphone.
How To Find And Add Friends On Facebook
After setting up your Facebook account, you’ll need to tell your friends that you’re now on the giant social media platform. You can do that by inviting or adding them as friends.
There are basically three ways to invite people to be your facebook friends.
- by adding friends from your mobile phone contacts or email
- by finding and adding friends on facebook using the search tool at the top of your newsfeed
- by suggested people on facebook
To add friends on facebook by searching for them, all you need to do is to hover to any facebook page, go to the top, enter the name or email address of the person in the search box and then click on the search button. Facebook then displays the lists of names related to the one you’re searching for. Now, check through the names and click +Add Friend next to the person you wish to be your friend on facebook.
Facebook suggested people for you via your newsfeed. You can scroll through them and click +add friend next to the name of the person you wish to be your friend.
Once they receive and accept the friend invite, facebook will notified you about it.
Lastly, to upload your mobile contacts to facebook, do the following:
- Tap on the facebook app in your smartphone
- Tap on the menu button at the top right corner if you’re using an android phone and at the bottom, if you’re using an iPhone device. The menu button is the three lines icon
- Tap Friends
- Tap Contacts
- Tap Get started
Bear in mind when you turn on mobile contact uploading on facebook, all your contacts will be uploaded on the app whenever you open it.
But don’t worry, there is always an option for turning off mobile contact uploading on facebook.
So perhaps you don’t want your contacts to be uploaded on facebook anymore, you can turn it off by following the below guide.
How To Turn Off Contacts Uploading Or Delete Contacts you’ve Uploaded On Facebook
To stop Facebook from uploading your personal contacts,
- Tap on the menu button at the top right of any Facebook page.
- Scroll down and tap Settings & Privacy
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll down to the Media and Contacts section and tap Media and Contacts.
- Finally, tap next to Continuous Contacts Upload to turn this setting on or off,
It is worthwhile to note here that preventing facebook from uploading your contacts on the platform doesn’t prevent the messenger app from doing so.
If you wish to stop the messenger app from uploading your contacts, do the following:
- Tap on the messenger app on your device
- Tap your messenger profile picture in the top left corner.
- Tap People.
- Tap Upload Contacts to turn this setting on or off.
If you’re using the messenger lite app, tap on the gear-shaped icon at the top right corner of the page, tap People. Lastly, tap Sync phone contacts to turn this setting on or off.
How To Delete Contacts Uploaded On Facebook
To get rid of the contacts already uploaded on facebook, follow this guide:
- Click on this link: https://web.facebook.com/mobile/facebook/contacts/?tab=contacts
- From the uploading and managing your contact screen, click delete all and you’re done.
To delete on messenger app, go to the manage your uploaded contacts screen, tap delete all contacts. Finally, tap delete all contacts from the popup.
How To Block Someone On Facebook
If you don’t want someone to connect with you on Facebook, you can go to your Facebook settings and block them.
Blocking people on facebook restricts them from tagging you in posts and comments, sending you a friend request, inviting you to like or join groups, chat you and lots of others.
In fact, someone you’ve blocked on facebook will no longer see you in searces.
If you someone you want to block, do the following:
- From facebook.com, login your account
- Click on your name at the top right corner
- Click friends below your cover photos, check through your friends list, click on the name of the person
- Go to the bottom right of their cover photo and click on the three dots icon
- Finally, click block from the dropdown menu
That is how to block someone on facebook.
How to Unblock someone on facebook
If you’ve settled your differences with someone you previously blocked on facebook, you can follow the below steps to unblock the person. Bear in mind that when you unblock someone on facebook, the person will be removed from your blocked list.
However, that does not automatically reunion you and them. To reconnect to the people you’ve blocked on Facebook, you’ll need to send them a brand new friend request.
- Go to the top right corner of your facebook page and click on the triangular-shaped icon
- Click Settings from the drop-down menu
- Click Blocking at the left column of the page
- Go to the blocked users section and click unblock next to the name of the person you wish to prevent from accessing your facebook profile.
- Finally, click unblock on the popup menu
That is how to unblock someone on facebook using your personal computer.
How To Unblock Someone On Facebook App
To unblock someone you’ve blocked on facebook app,
- Tap on the facebook app to open it
- tap on the three lines icon
- tap settings & privacy
- tap settings
- locate and tap blocking
- tap unblock next to the profile name of the person you wish to unblock
- Tap unblock from facebook
That is how to unblock someone on facebook app step by step.
How To Unfriend Someone On Facebook
Unfriending someone on facebook will remove them from your facebook friends list. You too will be removed from their friends list. If you unfriend people, to become friends with them, you’ll need to send friend requests again.
To unfriend someone,
- Locate and click on the person’s name to continue to their newsfeed
- Click Friends at the bottom right of their cover photos
- Click Unfriend from the dropdown menu
Note that you may not see someone that has deactivated his or her Facebook account via the above procedure.
How To Unfriend Someone That Have Deactivated His/Her Facebook Account
- Click on your name
- Click friends below your Facebook cover photo
- Go through your lists of facebook friends, locate and hover your mouse on the friends button next to the name of the person and click unfriend.
How To Deactivate Your Facebook Account
If you wish to take a break from facebook, you can follow the below steps to deactivate your account.
- Click on the v-like icon at the top right of any Facebook page
- Click Settings from the dropdown menu
- Click Your Facebook Information at the top left column of the general settings page
- Click Deactivation and Deletion
- Click continue to account deactivation
- enter your password and click continue
- Uncheck the box so you won’t be getting notifications from facebook and click deactivate
- Finally, click deactivate now
Your account will be inerted on facebook so long as you don’t login again.
To reactivate a deactivated Facebook account, go to facebook.com, enter your login details and click on the login button and your account will come back to life.
Bear in mind that when you deactivate your account on facebook:
The account can be reactivated
The account won’t be seen on searches
People can’t interact with you anymore
Groups admins can still see you in posts and comments you interacted with
Your friends can still see your name in their friends listYou can reactivate the account be ,ogging in via the facebook homepage
Searches related to how to create facebook account
create facebook account gmail
how to create facebook account step by step
credit new account facebook
welcome to facebook new account
create fb account without phone number
new facebook account registration form
facebook new account open now
create a second facebook account now