Delete facebook search history – In today’s post, I’m going to show you how to delete facebook search history right now. See: how to convert facebook profile to facebook fan page
In fact, this article will expose you to the techniques I used to delete facebook history step by step.
Let’s dive right in!
As a facebook user, oftentimes you search for things on the giant social media platform.
Interestingly, facebook stores things you’ve searched on the platform in a list on your account.
Whenever you search for something on facebook, facebook saves them in your activity log.
The Facebook activity log is a section on facebook where everything you’ve been doing on the giant social media platform is kept for reference purposes.
Every facebook user’s account has an activity log and it can be accessed at any given time.
If you’re a Facebook veteran, you should agree with me that over the years, Facebook Search has evolved from a simple people and page search feature to a full-fledged search engine.
And at the moment, the Facebook search feature lets you type search queries in a natural way.
Howbeit, items you type in the Facebook search bar at the top right corner of any Facebook page safely rests in the search history.
Just like Google, Facebook also uses this history to refine your search results.
You can find your Facebook search history in the Activity Log.
However, there are some things you wouldn’t want to leave in your facebook search history hence the need to clear facebook search history.
Fortunately, every facebook user is at liberty to delete facebook search history if they so choose.
That notwithstanding, not all Facebook users know where and how to delete their search histories on Facebook.
Thus the need for such an article as this.
This facebook post is all about how to delete facebook search history step by step.
Bonus: How to search on facebook
If you have a pressing need that is related to your Facebook account, you can login to the giant social media platform and then go to the top right corner of any Facebook page and the type in what you want in the search bar. Once you are done, click on the search button and a list of results will show up. Scroll through the results and you should see what you’re looking for. You can also scroll down to the bottom of the search results and you should see related searches on the facebook page. That is how to search facebook for pieces of stuff you want to get information about.
Delete Facebook Search History Steps
To delete facebook search history, follow the below guide:
- From facebook.com, go to the top right corner of the facebook page and enter either your email address, full name, username or phone number and your password in the spaces provided. Lastly, click on the login button and you should be taken to your Facebook profile.
- Next, go to the top left corner of the facebook page and click on the Facebook search bar.
- Now, click inside the facebook search bar and then locate at the top right corner of the dropdown box and you should see the Edit option. Click on it
- Another way of getting that done is to go to your facebook timeline page and then click View Activity Log. To do that, you’ll need to go to the top right corner of the facebook page and click on your name. Once you click on the activity log, you’ll be taken to the Facebook activity log page. Now, go to the left column of the page and click on the More button. The more button can be located below the comments option. Lastly, click on the Search history option from the list of menus that show up.
- From your facebook search history page, you can delete individual search queries.
- How to delete facebook search is very simple. To delete a search, simply go to the item you wish to delete and then click on the edit option next to the lock button.
- Next, a dropdown will appear. Click Delete from the little dropdown menu.
- To continue with the deletion process, you’ll need to click on the delete button located on the confirmation dialog box that appears and the item will be deleted from your facebook search history.
- If you wish to delete all the Facebook search history on a go, go to the top right corner of the facebook search history page and then click the Clear Searches option. Bear in mind that when once deleted facebook search history that you won’t be able to get back your search history.
That is how to delete facebook search history using your personal computer.
Now, let’s consider how to delete facebook search history using your smartphone.
How To Delete Facebook Search history On Mobile
If you’re using your smartphone to access the facebook app, you’ll need to follow the below guide to figure out how to delete facebook search history step by step.
- Tap to open the Facebook app on your smartphone
- Next, you’ll need to go to the top right corner of the facebook app and tap on the three lines icon to open up the facebook menu.
- Now, scroll down till you find the Activity Log on the list. Tap Activity Log.
- Tap Filter on the Activity Log screen.
- Scroll down the list and look for Search. Tap Search.
- Now, your Facebook Search history will be displayed in front of you.
- To remove a search, tap the cross button for the search. Then, tap Remove.
- To delete your Facebook Search history in a single go, tap Clear Searches on the top. Tap Confirm on the next screen.
That is it on how to clear Facebook search history on your smartphone step by step.
However, before you proceed to click on the delete or clear search button, it is important to note here that deleting the searches from the activity log will also remove them from everywhere else they appear on the Facebook social media platform.
An example is that deleting facebook search history via the activity log will also clear the Facebook search bar’s recent searches drop-down list after you delete the names from here.