Here is a complete guide on how to view lost or deleted text messages on an AT&T cell phone.
So if you’re using an AT&T cellphone and want to figure out how to recover deleted messages, this article got you covered.
How to recover lost or deleted text messages on an AT&T is fairly simple and easy.
However, that will only be visible if you’ve enabled backup on your phone.
In essence, you can only recover lost or deleted text messages on your AT&T cell phone if and only if you have a recent backup that you can restore.
But what if you don’t have recent backup on your AT&T cellphone, how would you be able to retrieve deleted text messages?
There is way. This article is here to show you how to retrieve your lost AT&T text messages even if you do not have a recent backup.
So there is no point to be worried. Just the instructions in this post and get back your deleted messages.
How To Restore Android SMS Backup
Text message backup app like Carbonite or SMS Backup+ can aid you to see lost or deleted texts on your AT&T cell phone running Android.
However, third-party data recovery tool like Android SMS Recovery, FonePaw or MiniTool Mobile Recovery can help you recover your lost or deleted text messages if you have not been using an SMS backup service.
It is important to bear in mind here that often times, these devices are not always efficient in retrieving text messages however, they are worth trying.
Another means you will need to follow to recover your deleted text messages is to also contact AT&T support to figure out if they can guide on how to recover text messages on your Android device.
How To Restore iOS Backup
If you’re using AT&T iPhone, there are two ways you can you can follow to recover your deleted or lost text messages.
Interestingly, you can either retrieve your messages via phone’s iOS backup or iCloud to restore backed up texts on your AT&T iPhone.
However, it is important to bear in mind here that as with restoring backups on Android devices, you will lose all apps and data after the backup that you restore.
Restore your phone’s iOS backup
Here are the steps you will need to follow to figure out how to restore your cellphone’s iOS backup.
- First off, you’ll need to open your device, find and tap “Settings”
- Next, check and you should see App ID. Tap on it
- Now, you’ll need to tap on the “iCloud” option
- Tap “Manage Storage”
- Next, find and tap on the “Backup” option. This will help you to check your iPhone for backups. Now, you’ll need to search for the one that is around the same day and time as the lost texts that you want to access.
- To continue, you’ll need to tap on the “Settings” button.
- Tap “General” on the page that appears
- Now, locate and tap on the “Reset” option.
- Tap “Erase all content and settings.” and wait for your iPhone to reset.
- Next, you’ll need to follow the on-screen instructions to confirgure your iPhone
- Once you’re done with the above step, you’ll need to tap on the “Restore from iCloud Backup.” button to Sign into your iCloud account
- Now, you’ll need to tap the backup that you want to restore on the phone.
- Wait for the iPhone backup to restore. You will then be able to view all text messages on that backup.
Bear in mind that the above procedure will delete your phone’s data. So perhaps you don’t want to get rid of your iPhone’s data, you may need to use the iCloud text message restoration method instead:
- First, you’ll need to visit icloud.com and log onto your iCloud account.
- Once you’ve successfully log into your account, you’ll need to click “Text Messages” (if however, you donot see the text messages option, it then imply that you are not able to use the iCloud method to access deleted texts and instead must restore from an iCloud backup). You can view all text messages backed up, even if they have been deleted from your iPhone.
- Next, you’ll need to tap on the “Settings” button on your iPhone
- Now, locate and tap “iCloud.”
- Tap to turn off “Text Messages” on your iPhone
- Tap “Keep on My iPhone.”
- Tap to turn on “Text Messages”
- Tap “Merge” to sync all of your deleted text messages back to your iPhone.
You may also be able to view lost or deleted AT&T cell phone texts by using a third-party program to restore the texts.
Third-party options include PhoneRescue by iMobie, Enigma Recovery and WonderShare Dr. Fone for iOS.
These typically aren’t free to use and may not be as effective as the phone restore options mentioned above.
You should use these third-party options only if the options above do not work.
Interestingly, SIM card reading tool is the items you will need.
That is it on How to Find Lost/Deleted Text Messages on AT&T Cell Phone.
I hope this article was helpful.
Please share this article with your friends and loved ones!!!