Merge 2 Facebook Pages – Facebook page is an important feature on facebook that lets its users connect with their customers if it is a business page, connect with fans if it is a facebook fan page and connect with friends and loved ones if it is a facebook personal page.
Interestingly, every facebook user can create a business page, fan page as well as personal facebook pages.
If however, you have facebook pages that are almost the same thing, you can choose to merge them.
This facebook post is all about how to merge 2 pages on facebook step by step.
Fortunately, Facebook has a feature that allowed its users to merge two pages without losing any information.
However, before you can merge 2 pages, there are criteria your facebook pages must meet.
According to the facebook help center, you can only merge 2 Facebook Pages for the same thing, if:
1. You’re an admin of both Facebook Pages.
2. Your Facebook Pages have similar names and represent the same thing.
3. Your Facebook Pages have the same address if they have physical locations.
If those conditions are not met, you can’t merge 2 facebook pages. So before you proceed to request for your facebook pages to be merged, be sure those requirements are first and foremost put in place.
What that simply imply is that if your facebook pages are not carrying the same addresses, you’ll need to change them before you proceed to attempt to merge your facebook page.
What Happens When You Merge 2 Facebook Pages?
Here are the things you should expect when you merge 2 facebook pages using your personal computer step by step.
- When you merge 2 facebook pages, individuals who have liked those Pages and any check-ins will be combined,
- All the posts, photos, reviews, ratings and the username of the facebook page you want to be merged to the second page will be deleted.
- The facebook page you want to merge the other page to or keep will be unchanged. The only thing that will happen to this page you want to keep is the addition of people who like the Page and check-ins that were merged from the other Page.
- Once you merge a page to another page on facebook, the Page you have merged to the second page which you no longer want to keep will be removed from the giant social media platform.
- Once you merge a page to another page on facebook, you can’t unmerge them. So make sure you’re ready to merge a page to another one before you shall proceed with the steps we’ve outlined in this post.
Those are the things you need to know before you merge two facebook pages.
How Can You Merge 2 Facebook Pages?
How to merge 2 facebook pages is very simple and easy. Every facebook user can get that done in the comfort of your PC.
If you’ve made up your mind to merge 2 facebook pages, you can follow the below guide.
Note that how to merge 2 personal pages on facebook is a bit different than how to merge 2 business pages. To merge 2 facebook personal pages, do the following:
- From facebook.com, log onto your facebook account. You can do that by going to the top right corner of the facebook homepage, enter your login details in the spaces provided and then click on the login option and you’ll be taken to your facebook newsfeed.
- Next, go to the top right corner of your facebook page and click settings
- Click manage pages on the dropdown menu
- Select the facebook page you want to merge another facebook page.
- Go to the top right corner of the facebook page and click settings
- Scroll down the page and click edit next to the merge pages
- Click Merge duplicate pages
- Now, you’ll need to choose the two pages you want to merge together and click on the continue button at the bottom of the page
- Lastly, click request review and you’re done
Note that you can avoid the above steps by entering this link: facebook.com/pages/merge in your browser and click on the enter button to continue. Next, you’ll need to enter your facebook password in the space provided and click continue.
Enter the two pages you want to merge and click on the continue button. Lastly, click request review and you’re done.
If you want to merge 2 facebook business pages, you’ll need to use this link: business.facebook.com/pages/merge. Enter your password and click on the continue button.
Perhaps you’re not able to merge your facebook pages, it might be that your Facebook Pages doesn’t meet requirements for merging facebook pages.
If you see the option to request to merge your Pages, Facebook will review your request.
That is it with how to merge 2 facebook pages. I hope this article is helpful.
Please share How Can You Merge 2 Facebook Pages with your friends and loved ones!!!