How To Sign Up For PayPal in Nigeria: Do you always indulge in online payment and looking for a trustworthy online payment platform where you can easily create an account and start making online transactions? If yes, PayPal is one of the best online financial transaction platforms.
Interestingly, PayPal Holdings, Inc. is an American company operating a worldwide online payments system that supports online money transfers and serves as an electronic alternative to traditional paper methods like checks and money orders.
The company operates as a payment processor for online vendors, auction sites, and many other commercial users, for which it charges a fee in exchange for benefits such as one-click transactions and password memory.
Established in 1998 as Confinity, PayPal had its initial public offering in 2002. It became a wholly owned subsidiary of eBay later that year, valued at $1.5 billion. eBay spun off PayPal in 2015 to eBay’s shareholders. The company ranked 204th on the 2019 Fortune 500 of the largest United States corporations by revenue.
For those of us that would want to know, PayPal was originally established by Max Levchin, Peter Thiel, and Luke Nosek in December 1998 as Confinity, a company that developed security software for handheld devices. It had no success with that business model, however, so switched its focus to a digital wallet. The first version of the PayPal electronic payments system was launched in 1999.
Well, this article is not here to tell you PayPal history. If you need detailed information on that, you can visit Wikipedia.
Here, we want to show you all the steps you need to follow to create a PayPal account fast and easily. We will also introduce you to the steps you need to follow to link your debit card to your PayPal account.
How to Create a Paypal Account
Here are the steps you need to follow to create a business account on PayPal online platform.
- Launch your browser and go to paypal.com
- Next, go to the top right corner of the page and click on the sign up button
- Paypal will take you to the sign up. Now, check at the bottom of the box and use the dropdown button to choose Nigeria
- Now, you will need to enter your functional Email address and click “Get Started” button
- Fill the signup form accurately with authentic information
- Click the “Agree and Continue” button
- Supply your business information and click “Continue”
- Provide information about yourself and click “Submit”
- Provide more details about your organization ( a short questionnaire about tax return) and click “Continue”
9. Certify and submit your application -You are done.
Go to your email service provider and login to confirm your email and follow other instructions.
Those are the steps you need to follow to create a paypal account for your online transaction.
How to Open Paypal Account.
Here are the steps you need to follow to create a new paypal account for your online business:
- Go to the PayPal Website via paypal.com
- Locate and click on signup at the top right corner of the PayPal homepage
- Choose your account type that is whether personal or business account
- Personal will be for your personal debit card and business is for your company debit card (if you have one). You will need to choose a personal account if this is your first time.
- After selecting personal, click continue…you should see “Nigeria” in the drop down area, enter your email address and password.
- Fill in your email address (doesn’t have to be Gmail or yahoo. It could be @yourcompanyname)
- Type in your password and make sure it is one you can remember
- Go to the next page and type other details such as names, date of birth, address and phone number.
- Also when filling in your address, make sure that it matches the same address details you filled when you opened a bank account
- It takes you to a page where you fill in your debit card details
- Type in your card number, expiry date and the last three digits behind your debit card.
- Go to your email account and click on verify
- Voila!! Your account is set up
- Test it by sending $10 to anyone or to your PayPal account abroad (if you have one)
- You get debited in naira and you should get an alert from your local bank
Now that we are done with the account sign up process, let’s now proceed to the steps you need to follow to link your bank card. This stage allows you to make online payment which is deductible on your account balance.
How to Link a Card to Your Paypal Account.
Paypal allows its users to add MasterCard to their profile. So if you don’t have a MasterCard, you may need to visit your bank and request one. After successfully creating your PayPal account, the next step is to link it with your MasterCard or other supported cards.
It is important to bear in mind here that the platform allows its users to add more one card to their PayPal accounts. You can follow the below steps to add your debit card to paypal account
- First off, you will need to visit paypal.com in your browser and then click on the login button at the top right corner of the PayPal homepage
- Next, enter your email address
- Enter your password
- Lastly, click on the login button and you will be taken to your profile
- Since you have not added any card, you will see the link card button at the right-hand section of the page. Click on it or you can also follow the below steps to figure how to maneuver that
- Choose the “PayPal wallet” in the main tab and click “create PayPal wallet” on the drop down menu.
- Select which cards you wish to link to your PayPal account and which card will be the default card. Try using one card for easy reconciliation
- Press the button on your online token and confirm accordingly
- Create a password in the pop up window that appears
- Click on “Agree and create account”.
- Go to your registered email account with the bank which confirms that you have created a PayPal account.
That is it on How To Sign Up For PayPal in Nigeria. However, it is important to note here that people in Nigeria can only use paypal for online payment and not for receiving money.
I hope this article was helpful. Kindly share it with your friends and loved ones!!!