Fitbit Login – How To Delete Fitbit Account | Close Fitbit Account: Are you fed up with using Fitbit and looking for an online guide on How to Delete a Fitbit Account? If you answered yes, here is a comprehensive and straight to the tutorial on all the steps that are therein on how to close your fitbit account. Continue reading below and please don’t hesitate to share this article with your friends and loved ones.
Well, how to delete fitbit account is pretty simple and easy. However, before we shall proceed with the steps you need to follow to delete fitbit, let’s quickly take a brief look at what fitbit is all about.
What Is Fitbit?
Fitbit, Inc. is an American company headquartered in San Francisco, California. Its products are activity trackers, smartwatches, wireless-enabled wearable technology devices that measure data such as the number of steps walked, heart rate, quality of sleep, steps climbed, and other personal metrics involved in fitness.
Before October 2007, the company was previously named Healthy Metrics Research, Inc. While these devices appear to increase physical activities, there is little evidence that they improve health outcomes.
According to an IDC report published on March 10, 2020, Fitbit is considered the fifth largest wearable company in shipments as of 2019 with a 14.8% over year growth, behind Xiaomi and Apple. Fitbit reports to have sold more than 100 million devices and has 28 million users. In 2019, Google announced its intention to buy Fitbit for $2.1 billion.
While activity tracking devices appear to be useful when used with other interventions to increase physical activity, one review of six studies found that there is little evidence that they improve health outcomes.
Of five studies that looked at weight loss, one found benefit, one found harm, and three found no effect. It is unclear whether activity changes occur in children and adolescents who use activity tracking devices.
This article is all about how to delete your Fitbit account. However, if you want to read more on Fitbit, you will need to visit Wikipedia.
If you signed up for a fitbit account, you can follow the below guide to login your fitbit account.
- Visit fitbit.com on your browser
- Go to the top right corner of the fitbit homepage and click on the avatar
- Enter your email address
- Enter your fitbit login password
- Click on the login button and you will be taken to your fitbit profile page
Those are the steps you need to follow to easily login your fitbit account. I hope the steps were simple enough to undertake.
Requirements For Deleting FitbIT Account
Before you can delete your fitbit account, you will need the following documents:
- Your fitbit login password
- Your email address
- Your billing address
- your full name
- your username
How To Delete Your Fitbit Account
The process involved in deleting your fitbit account is not tough at all. Just follow the below guide to figure out how to delete fitbit account fast and easily.
How to Delete Fitbit Account on Website
If you are using your personal computer, you can follow the below guide to figure out how to delete your fitbit account.
- First off, you will need to visit fitbit.com on your browser
- Next, go to the top right corner of the fitbit homepage and click on the avatar.
- Enter your login email address and password
- Click on the login button and you will be taken to your account
- Next, you will need to click on the gear-shaped icon at the top right corner of your profile page.
- Now, you will need to click on the Settings button from the dropdown menu
- Navigate to the bottom of the settings page and then click Delete Account.
- You’ll be asked to confirm the deletion by entering your account password.
- To complete the account deletion process, you will need to go to your email and click on the confirmation email sent to you by the fitbit support team.
- Once you have done that successfully, your account will be deleted.
If however, you delete your account by mistake, you need to reactivate it within 7 days from the period the account was scheduled for permanent deletion.
Those are the steps you need to follow to delete your fitbit account using your personal computer.
If you are using your smartphone to access the fitbit website or app, you will need to follow the below guide to delete your account.
How to Delete Fitbit Account on Mobile
To delete your fitbit account on android and iphone devices, follow the below instructions:
- Launch your mobile phone and then locate and tap on the Fitbit icon
- Login your fitbit profile if you have not already done that.
- Once you have been taken to your fitbit profile, you will need to locate and tap on the user account icon at the top left corner of the app to access your account settings.
- Navigate down the account settings page and tap on the Manage Data option.
- Now, you will need to locate and tap Delete Account from the Manage Data page,
- Next, you will need to tap on the Delete My Account & Data option. This will send a confirmation email you need to verify to complete the deletion process.
- Lastly, you will need to visit your email and click on the mail sent to you by the fitbit support team to confirm your account deletion
Those are the steps you need to follow to delete your fitbit account using your mobile phones.
I hope this article was helpful. Kindly share it with your friends and loved ones.