How do you Make Your Facebook Profile Private: Are you a facebook user and looking for a guide on how to make a facebook account or profile completely private? If you answered yes, here is a facebook post that teaches all the steps you need to follow to easily figure out the steps you need to follow to make your facebook profile private.
How to make Facebook account completely private
To make your account private, you first need to go to your privacy settings page
- Go to privacy settings page
• Click the down arrow icon at the top right of any Facebook
• choose “Settings“ from the drop down menu
• click on the “Privacy“ tab
• If you are in your privacy settings page, we are going to adjust each item individually
- Change your default sharing settings
• You might want to choose who can see your future posts.
• click “Edit“ next to “Who can see yFriends of Friends“ instead of “Everyone” Press “Close“.
- Stop people from viewing your friends list You might want to hide your friends list
• click “Edit“ next to “Who can see your friends list?”
• click the audience selector and select “Only me” to hide it from everyone.
• choose “Friends“, to share it only with your friends or select “Custom“, to set it to a custom settings.
• press “Close,” once done
- Control who can search for you on Facebook
• You might want to control who can search for you on Facebook using the email address or phone number associated with your account.
• Click “Edit“ next to “Who can look you up using the email address you provided?”
• choose “Friends“ Press “Close“
• Click “Edit“ beside “Who can look you up using the phone number you provided?”
• choose “Friends“ Press the “Close“ link.
- Stop search engines from linking to your Facebook profile
• You might want to prevent search engines from linking to your profile.
• By doing this, Facebook will prevent search engines like Google Search, Bing search, Yahoo search and others from indexing your profile.
• Also, people who are not logged into Facebook won’t be able to view your profile at all.
• click “Edit“ next to “Do you want search engines outside of Facebook to link to your profile?”
• uncheck the box next to “Allow search engines outside of Facebook to link to your profile” in the pop up window, click “Turn Off“ Press “Close“.
- Stop friends from posting on your own timeline
• click “Edit“ next to “Who can post on your timeline?”
• select “Only me“
• press the “Close“ link.
• Also, click Edit next to Review posts you’re tagged in before the post appears on your timeline?
• choose Enabled press Close.
- Hide personal information on Facebook
• You might want to hide the About page sections of your profile.
• Go to your profile Below your cover photo, hover over More and then select Manage Sections at the bottom
• Click to check or uncheck the sections you want to show or hide and then click Save
- Hide your pictures and photo album To edit the privacy settings for photo albums you’ve posted:
• Open the album.
• Tap The v symbol and then tap Edit.
• Tap Audience and use the audience selector tool to choose who can see your album.
Note: Only the person who posted an album can change its privacy settings.
You can choose an audience for individual photos in the following albums:
– Profile Pictures
– Cover Photos
– Mobile Uploads
– Timeline Photos
To adjust the privacy settings of photos you’ve posted to these albums:
• Tap the photo to view it
• Tap More Options
• Tap Edit Photo
• Tap Audience and use the audience selector tool to choose who can see your photo.
• Tap Done Editing
- Hide Liked Pages
• Go to your timeline, click the “More” drop down tab and click “Likes”
• Click the edit (pencil) icon on the upper right hand of the page. select “Edit Privacy” from the drop down menu.
• Click the “arrow” button and select “Only Me”
That is it on How do you Make Your Facebook Profile Private. I hope this article was helpful. Kindly share it with your friends and loved ones!!!