Facebook Marketplace Rules and Regulations 2020: This Blogses.com tutorial teaches everything you need to know about facebook marketplace buying and selling rules and regulations for facebook users who are using the free marketing feature to buy and sell things within their local community.
So if you are here because you are searching marketplace rules and regulations, this article has gotten you covered. Continue reading below and please don’t hesitate to share it with your friends and loved ones!!!
Facebook Marketplace is a destination on the facebook social media platform where people all over the globe come together to discover, buy and sell items.
Interestingly, Facebook lets sellers list or post their goods or services on the Marketplace. This allows buyers to be able to reach the items listed in their own location.
People and brands may list items in the different categories as available in the Facebook marketplace. This enables buyers to view certain categories, view all categories, or search for a particular product. Can’t find the Facebook Market Place feature on your Facebook? Click on the link to learn why.
If you are a seller or a buyer in the Facebook marketplace, then you should acquaint yourself with some Facebook Marketplace rules. Every item sold on Facebook Marketplace must comply with Facebook rules and regulations.
In this post, you will learn about the Facebook marketplace rules and how to buy or sell safely in the Facebook market.
Facebook Marketplace Rules
The Facebook Marketplace rules are:
- Non-Physical Items
Non-physical items are not allowed to be sold on the Facebook Marketplace. These items include:
“in search of” posts,
lost and found posts
jokes, and news
- Sales of Certain items are not allowed.
Facebook outlines certain items that cannot be sold on the Marketplace. These items include:
Healthcare items (thermometers, first-aid kits, etc.).
Illegal, prescription or recreational drugs.
Tobacco products or tobacco paraphernalia.
Adult products or services.
Digital media and electronic devices.
Weapons, ammunition, or explosives
- Description Must Match with Photo
Facebook does not allow the sale of item or items that do not match with the description and title of the listing item on the Marketplace. For example, a photo showing weight loss.
How to stay safe on the Facebook Marketplace
Here are some tips that will help you stay safe on the Facebook Marketplace:
- Protect your privacy: Always protect your privacy. Never share your financial information like PayPal login and password, bank account info, with buyers or sellers. If you’re selling electronics, make sure you’ve cleared any personal information from the device.
- Meet in a safe location: Choose a public place to meet with the person you want to buy or sell from.
- Verify the item in person: Verify the item you want to buy and be sure it is what you want before making payment for it. For high-value items (example: watches, luxury bags), you can request a certificate of authenticity or proof of purchase.
- Use cash or person-to-person payment methods: Buyers and sellers should offer or accept cash or person-to-person payments available in Facebook Messenger or PayPal.
- Watch out for counterfeit items: Review any items before buying to make sure that they’re genuine.
- Be careful of too good to be true deals: Be careful of deals that seem too good to be true. Scammers may try to use underpriced items to lure buyers into a scam.
That is it on Facebook Marketplace Rules and Regulations 2020. I hope this article was helpful. Kindly share it with your friends and loved ones!!!