In today’s article, we are going to be teaching everything you need to know about How to Clear Facebook Search History. Yes, during the course of this post, you will see How To Delete Facebook Search History.
Thus, if you are among the numerous Facebook users and searching for a guide on How to delete Facebook search history completely, this article has gotten you covered. Continue reading below and please don’t forget to share this article with your friends and loved ones!!!
Nevertheless, before we shall proceed with the guide on Delete Facebook Search history from your smartphone as well as on your desktop computer, consider how to create a Facebook account.
Facebook App Account Profile
If you are an online user and looking for a guide on how to clear search history on Facebook, here are the steps you need to follow to signup for an account that will allow you to the Facebook settings page:
- Launch your android phone
- Next, tap on the play store and search for Facebook app
- Tap download on the play store
- Wait for the app to download and then tap install
- Once the app installed, tap to open it
- When you are taken to the facebook app homepage, tap on the create new account
- Now, you will need to fill out the form by entering your first and last name, phone number or email address, password, date of birth as well as gender
- Next, tap signup to continue
- Afterward, copy and enter the confirmation code sent to you in the required field
How To Sign Up On Facebook Using Desktop
Here are the steps you need to follow to successfully sign up on Facebook;
- Open the Facebook site, www.facebook.com.
- Once you have done that, you can now click the “create new account” link at the top or bottom of the screen or page.
- After that, you will see another page, with some empty boxes.
- Those boxes should contain information about you.
- Now fill in your names, email or phone number, password, gender and your birthday.
- When all this is done correctly, click the signup button.
- Then you will be sent a confirmation message to your email or phone number.
- The message contains digits to confirm your sign up.
- Type in those digits in the confirmation box on Facebook.
- After that click the “continue” link.
Now you have fully completed your sign up steps and you are now a Facebook user.
Congratulation, your account is now live on Facebook. You can now start using the platform to access several things on Facebook.
Facebook Account Login Steps
If you have an account on Facebook and want to figure out how to login, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Visit facebook.com on your browser
- Next, locate you will see where you can enter your login details. Now, enter either your phone number or email address that is linked to the account
- Enter password
- Now, click login and you will be taken to your account
It is that simple and easy. Once you do that, you will be taken to your Facebook profile.
Having outlined that, let’s now proceed with the business of the day, How to Clear Facebook Search History – How To Delete Facebook Search History.
Every Facebook user has a section known as search history. Interestingly, as a Facebook user, your Facebook search history is saved in the form of a list in your Facebook account. The principle behind Facebook search history is pretty simple and easy.
Yes, you heard me right! As a Facebook user, anytime you search for something on Facebook, your search terms get stored in your Activity Log.
You can access this data whenever you want by visiting the Activity Log on your desktop and the Facebook app on your phone. There you can delete individual searches or delete all the Facebook Search history at once.
Facebook is mainly about news feed and selfies. But Facebook Search is great option to find people rather than searching them in your friend list. And sometimes we also bump into the names of the older mates whose memories are on the verge of diminishes.
Over the years, Facebook Search has transformed from a simple people and page search feature to a full-fledged search engine. Now, it allows us to type search queries in a natural way. However, everything you type in the Facebook search bar safely rests in the search history.
Just like Google, Facebook also uses this history to refine your search results. You can find your Facebook search history in the Activity Log. And you have all the power to delete it whenever you want.
Steps On How to delete Facebook search history completely
How to delete search history On desktop
Here are the steps you need to follow to easily access your facebook search history and get them removed right away,
- First off, you will need to login your facebook account
- Click on the Facebook search bar.
- Click on the Edit option in the top-right corner of the Facebook search bar.
- Alternatively, you can go to your timeline page and click View Activity Log. Then click More (below Comments) and choose Search from the list.
- Once you’re on the search history page, you can delete individual search queries.
- To delete a search, click the edit button next to the lock. Click Delete.
- A delete confirmation dialog box will appear. Click Remove Search.
- To delete all the searches at once, look for the Clear Searches option on the top of the page.
Bear in mind that, once deleted, you won’t be able to get back your search history.
Deleting the searches from the activity log will also remove them from everywhere else they appear. For example, this will also erase the Facebook search bar’s recent searches drop-down list after you delete the names from here.
How to Delete Facebook Search history from your smartphone
If you are using your smartphone to access the facebook app, here are the steps you need to follow to easily delete or clear search history:
- On your phone, open the Facebook app.
- Now swipe and go to the section with three horizontal lines.
- Scroll down till you find the Activity Log on the list. Tap Activity Log.
- Tap Filter on the Activity Log screen.
- Scroll down the list and look for Search. Tap Search.
- Now, your Facebook Search history will be displayed in front of you.
- To remove a search, tap the cross button for the search. Then, tap Remove.
- To delete your Facebook Search history in a single go, tap Clear Searches on the top.
- Tap Confirm on the next screen.
Thus, this way you can remove unwanted searches from your Facebook search history.
That is it on How to Clear Facebook Search History – How To Delete Facebook Search History. I hope this article was helpful. Kindly share!!!