Dropbox Login: Setup Dropbox on PC and Mobile
Dropbox login is required to access and manage your files in your Dropbox account. The Dropbox official website and Dropbox app both accept the login. If you’re looking for a comprehensive explanation of how Dropbox and other cloud-based services work, this is the place to go.
We’ll go over everything from how to create a Dropbox account for new users to sign in for the first time, to downloading and installing the Dropbox software on Windows OS like Windows 8, and Windows 10, and how to upload and manage files on Dropbox.
How to Create a Dropbox Account
You need a Dropbox account for your login. So, we will start by setting up your Dropbox account.
- Go to the Dropbox website.
- Click on “Sign Up” located at the top right of your screen.
- Fill in the user information such as your name, email, and password, check “I agree to Dropbox Terms” and click on “Sign Up.” You can also choose “Sign Up with Google,” they both work.
- Verify that you are human when the verification screen pops up.
- Dropbox will move to verify the email address you provided by sending a verification link to your email address. Then, log in to your email address, click on the verification link, and click “verify your email.”
- After that, you will receive a thank you message from Dropbox for verifying your email. Then Click on “Done” to close the dialog box.
We’ve completed the first step in setting up your Dropbox account. Additionally, you will be advised to try Dropbox Plus and Dropbox Business for 14 days for free or stick with the 2GB basic plan for a free Dropbox account.
How to Install Dropbox on Windows OS
We are going to download and install the Dropbox app on Windows 10 to be able to log in to your Dropbox account, to manage the files you upload.
- Go to your Dropbox account and click on the “Download” button.
- Go to your download folder and double-click on the Dropbox installation file “DropboxInstaller.exe.”
- Click on “yes” when the “User Control” pops up to start downloading the complete Dropbox installer.
- Dropbox will start to install once the download file is completed.
It will take a few minutes to accomplish this task. After the Dropbox installer has been successfully installed, you can begin exploring the service on your Windows 10 computer.
How to Setup Dropbox on Windows
We are close to uploading your files directly from your Windows PC to the Dropbox cloud server.
- Launch the Dropbox app on your Windows once the installation process is done.
- Enter your email address as your Dropbox username and type your login password. Then, click on the “Sign in” button to access your Dropbox account on your Windows PC.
- Click on the ‘Next” button or “Advanced settings” to choose a location for your Dropbox files and click “Next.”
- Now, you will be presented with how to sync your files on Dropbox. For the basic plan, choose “Make files local,” and for “Plus,” choose “Make files online-only.”
- To back up your PC to your Dropbox account, select the folders that you’d love Dropbox to back up or select “Not Now” to set it up later.
- Click “Continue to Dropbox” without backing up your PC to your Dropbox account.
We’ve finished installing Dropbox on your Windows 10 PC or laptop. You may now begin securing your files online by uploading them to Dropbox.
How to Upload Files to Dropbox on Windows 10
After you have completed the Dropbox set up on your Windows 10, next, is to show you how to upload files from your Windows PC to Dropbox.
- Log in to your Dropbox account on your Windows 10.
- Click on “Upload Files.”
- Click on the file to upload, select it, and click “Open.”
- Click on “Upload” to start uploading the file to your Dropbox account.
- The file will start to upload to your Dropbox account and can be accessed under “Recent” files.
If you have several files in the same category, you should create a folder in your Dropbox account, open it, and upload all of the files to it.