Now that your campaign is up and running, there are a few things you will want to keep in mind.
Add or verify your banking information
You’ll need to verify your financial information in order to withdraw the donations you receive. To add or verify your banking account:
1. Sign in to your GoFundMe profile.
2. Click the “Withdraw” button on your page.
3. Click “View withdrawal overview.”
4. Click the pencil beside the words “Bank information.”
5. Add or verify your routing and account information and click “Confirm” to confirm it.
Verify your email address
To prevent a pause in donations, you must additionally confirm your email address within 14 days of the first donation. GoFundMe will fully reimburse all contributions made to your account to donors if you don’t verify your address within 30 days of the first donation.
- To verify your email address, track down an email labeled “Verify Your GoFundMe Email” in your inbox and follow the email prompts to verify your address.
If you don’t advertise your campaign, it won’t generate any funding. Even though you might find these uncomfortable, nice people are unlikely to condemn someone who is in need of money. Once you start to see the benefits, whatever concerns you had about it will start to fade.
Even while your campaign might not get off the ground right away, it still might. Don’t be bashful about it, but don’t post about it continuously either. The growth of a campaign is exponential: one share becomes three, three shares become nine, and so on. Even if you don’t expect your friends and family to react favorably to your Facebook post, someone from your past or present might be eager to assist you.